The Cambridge School at Delhi was founded by Shri Alok Chandra Deb on the 7th of April 1931. This was the first institution in Delhi to prepare students for the Senior Cambridge Examination. Shri Deb was a believer in open air activities for children of all ages and one of the pioneers of the integrated curriculum in India.
Dr. Kalyani Roy is the Secretary, Society for the Advancement of Education. She is an educationist and a visionary like her father, the late Shri A.C Deb. She has been Reader of English Literature at Delhi University. Dr. Kalyani Roy is the guiding force behind the chain of Cambridge Schools.
Today there are in all 8 Cambridge Schools as given below:
1.Cambridge School, Srinivaspuri, New Delhi
2. Cambridge School, Noida
3. Cambridge School, Indirapuram, Ghaziabad
4. Cambridge School, Greater Noida
5. Cambridge Primary School, Daryaganj, Delhi
6. Cambridge Primary School, New Rohtak Road, New Delhi
7. Cambridge Primary School, New Friends Colony, New Delhi
8. Raja Ram Mohan Roy Academy, Dehradun
All the schools are administered by the "Society for the Advancement of Education."
Cambridge School, Indirapuram which was established on April 15, 1999 has been growing steadily. It has now more than 1900 students. The school is affiliated to the Central Board for Secondary Education up to the twelfth standard.